03 lb7 questions?

easy money

Can get a 03 cheap, its a 2wd reg cab.........which will turned in to a play truck, drag racing,etc.

Can Reach 425hp with any mods?

Can get a 03 cheap, its a 2wd reg cab.........which will turned in to a play truck, drag racing,etc.

Can Reach 425hp with any mods?

Built trans, intake, exhaust, lift pump, and a good tuner will have you at 425HP to the wheels reliably. My engine is stock and I only have a 4" cat back style exhaust, AFE stage 1 filter(stock intake tube with a cone style filter on it), KENNEDY single lift pump, and EFILIVE. I know I'm right around 400HP to the wheels right now on my daily driver tune, and have gone much higher in the past playing around.

If you dont mind building the trans you can push it north of 500 with the built trans, lift pump and Efi live

In a truck that light a stock trans will hold 425 no problem. we usually limit our stock trans tunes to around 440.

In a truck that light a stock trans will hold 425 no problem. we usually limit our stock trans tunes to around 440.

A 5 speed hold 425HP in 5th gear, I'd like to see that. I know the 6 speeds can hold it, but a 5 speed is ALOT weaker in 4th and 5th than a 6 speed is.

Keep in mind that a regular cab 2wd is a pretty light truck, so there is less load on the trans. If the tranny is in good shape it will take it for a while. Long enough to have some fun before dropping a lot of money on a tranny.

Cant you put an 06 turbo inlet piece on an LB7? and if so are there any modifications that need to be made?

Are you talking about the turbo mouthpiece? If so then no. They're not even close to the same.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

yes the mouth piece and yes im aware of the size difference but what about the diameter?

is it even worth it to put a different mouth piece on? ive searched all over and the only swaps i see are between LLY and LBZ.

Not on an lb7. I don't know about the diameter but they attach by different methods so it wouldn't work anyway. And there isn't a ton to be gained on an lb7 but you can enlarge the diameter of the stock mouthpiece and get a little bit of quicker spoolup and turbo whistle.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ive done some reading and it sounds like the biggest limiting factor is the heads? whould changing runners help at all?

ive done some reading and it sounds like the biggest limiting factor is the heads? whould changing runners help at all?

You need to read some more.. Factory cylinder heads can support 700 + easily and probably alot more.

You need to read some more.. Factory cylinder heads can support 700 + easily and probably alot more.

ya i know if i actually owned one i would do alot more reading, two of the guys i work with wanted me to find out about the LBZ mouth piece on a LB7. hes only in it for mileage.

As I understand it, the factory heads wil lsupport alot of HP, but if you want higher RPM's then you need to have them ported. And the LBZ mouthpiece cannot be made to fit an LB7. You can pull the stock aluminum casting off and port it if you want a higher flow piece. there really isn't alot you can do for an LB7 for milage other than intake, exhaust, and a mild tune. They just don't seem to respond like the newer engines do to tuning changes. The wastegated turbo cannot be adjusted like the newer VVT's for lower boost in teh cruise areas, and the bigger injectors of teh LB7 don't take so well to really advanced timing either(tried it, it will rattle somethin fierce if you bump it to much).

Back