04 6.0 Possible HPOP Issue

04 MT

I read more then I post
I'm having some problem diagnosing my truck. It starts just fine hot or cold, FICM voltage is showing 54.5 volts on the scangauge IPR at idle is 22.5% and 77.6% at WOT. IPC pressure at idle is no less then 644 and I can get it up to about 2800 at maybe 1/3rd throttle. If I'm cruising down the road and floor it the IPR goes to 77.6 and my ICP drops to 933 or less and the truck just falls off. I replaced the IPC, replaced both fuel filters, and did the blue spring kit and am still having the same problem. I'm thinking I have a HPOP going bad. I'm running the 8k tow tune from Gearhead and am going to try the stock file just to rule out something there. The plan is to do EGR delete, headstuds, new oil cooler, and coolant filter at the end of March so maybe a new HPOP too? Unless somebody has any other ideas. Thanks for any input

Miles? Early or late 04? Oil in plug for ICP? And you shouldnt show 54.5 volts at ficm.......EVER.

Ya its a swamps 58 volt. Truck has just shy of 128,000 miles, it's an early 04 build, and when I changed the ICP last weekend the icp plug had just a trace of oil in it.

So I loaded some more gauges into my scangauge and wanted to post the numbers. I put the truck back to stock also. VGT at WOT is 36 making 25lbs of boost. I saw as high as 85 on theVGT duty cycle at idle .ICP Volts went to 1.23 at WOT and .85 at idle. IPR still hits exactly 77.6 @WOT. My ICP volts seem low, I think I read that it should go as high as 4.7 volts. So with these numbers does anyone have any new ideas?

icp is definately low for as high as ipr is. Can you you read icp desired with scanguage? icp and desired should be within 100psi. "blue spring kit" has nothing to do with icp pressure. could be a weak hpop or hpo system leak

Ipr with good pump and no leaks should stay around 45 to 50 from what I've seen on my scan tool. Watch desired and see how much difference there is. Hpop getting week or u have internal leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk el jefa

Just wanted to give an update on this thread. I installed ARP's and ford gaskets, new ford oil cooler,*IPR*gen 2*egr*delete along with their up pipe and heavy duty oil screen, performance machine coolant filter kit, ELC coolant, and factory ford*HPOP. Every o ring was replaced and the*IPR*got a rebuild kit. I couldn't find any o ring damage anywhere but my old oil screen had some debris on it and was torn in one spot. The*IPR*also had some debris and was partially cocked to one side at the end. I believe the*IPR*and the*HPOP*were both to blame for my running issues and I just couldn't see being that far into the motor and not doing the*HPOP. Anyway, my truck runs excellent now and I'm loving my truck again

Back