05 6L going on 4th turbo

2001cummins

Costly
Our family business has a 05 ford with 26k miles. We are putting on our 4th turbo. It is out of warranty. What is a good turbo to put on it. Also what have u guys done to make these motors run good. We haul tile and hardwood. Sometimes pull a 30ft gooseneck. Thinking of a straight pipe,programmer, and intake.

Replace with cummins.LOL egr delete, sct tunner, cold air, and straight pipe.

Intake is good for like 500hp so don't waste money on that

Sent from my go go gadget phone

Drive the truck more. I've got 278k on my 05 and never have had to replace the turbo.

If you can drive the truck more then drive the hell out of it when you do get to drive it.

2005 PSD has 138,000 miles no turbo problems just have a AFE box and Magnaflow Exhaust- daily driver-

Yep drive it more or drive the hell out of it. The veins are know to stick when the just sit and do get driven.

My 06 has 208k miles and the turbo isnt far from hanging up but I run the exhaust break setting on my SCT for pulling.

Is there any other options in vgt turbos out there other then powermax?

Are 190cc too big for a powermax?

Is there any other options in vgt turbos out there other then powermax?

Are 190cc too big for a powermax?

Yes, and they put the Powermax to shame!!! Check out the .org and army, look in the performance section. MADPOWERSTROKE is the guy, Nate just layed down 605rwhp with 190's and the stageIII. Not bad for a single VGT!! Another guy ran the stageII with stock injectors and put down 485rwhp on fuel only!!

Yes, and they put the Powermax to shame!!! Check out the .org and army, look in the performance section. MADPOWERSTROKE is the guy, Nate just layed down 605rwhp with 190's and the stageIII. Not bad for a single VGT!! Another guy ran the stageII with stock injectors and put down 485rwhp on fuel only!!

And what's the website? Where I can get one? How streetable is it at 600hp? Did he run idp?

And what's the website? Where I can get one? How streetable is it at 600hp? Did he run idp?

No website yet, his Stage 1 and Stage 2 can be ordered from him thru private message. The Stage 3 is being tested now, and the Stage 4 and 5 are being built for testing.

Basically, he takes a VGT made for a Duramax and mates it with Ford VGT. Unofficially it's been named the "Durastroke" turbo, but the technical name is "Mad Turbo Works" (MTW).

Their is too much info for me to post, you will need to go to the other forums to read up on this new turbo design. Check out the Org, Army, and a brief review on TDG about towing with the stage 1.

Here is a video of the Stage 3 with 190's making 605rwhp.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdtjRoXTAhk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdtjRoXTAhk[/ame]

No website yet, his Stage 1 and Stage 2 can be ordered from him thru private message. The Stage 3 is being tested now, and the Stage 4 and 5 are being built for testing.

Basically, he takes a VGT made for a Duramax and mates it with Ford VGT. Unofficially it's been named the "Durastroke" turbo, but the technical name is "Mad Turbo Works" (MTW).

Their is too much info for me to post, you will need to go to the other forums to read up on this new turbo design. Check out the Org, Army, and a brief review on TDG about towing with the stage 1.

Here is a video of the Stage 3 with 190's making 605rwhp.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdtjRoXTAhk

Pm sent

Im seriously debating this charger and some 190's with custom tunes.

All I will say is wait till Lead Foot has his to replace the twins on his Amarillo......

Back