06 Ford w/06 Cummins A/C issues

bluextc

Hello everyone.
I have been building this truck for sometime and I drive it a good bit. I finally started finishing the A/C system and I have a odd problem.
This is a 2006 F350 with a 2006 Cummins and I am using the 5R110 trans with PCS controller and it all works great. When I have it running and turn the air on, the throttle will surge a little bit. If I am driving it and turn the air on I lose throttle until I turn the air off.
Has anyone had a problem like this? Does anyone have any ideas about a fix for this? Any help or info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hmm your A/c is back feeding voltage into the computer causing it to loose signial, Make sure everything is isolated really good.

Thanks,
I am going to go back over it again this weekend and see what I can find. I have thought about separating the A/C system so it will run on its own and see if it will correct this problem.

Is the Ford or dodge ecm/pcm controlling the a.c.??

I have the same swap but a ZF6. I believe the ford turns the compressor on/off, but the ECM on the cummins needs to see that to engage the clutch on the fan.

Back