06 liberty CRD new to me.....

mikmaze

just put 500 down on a lightly used 06 liberty, 63 thousand miles and a good deal as far as I am concerned. Saw a lot of posts about gde performance tunes, and some suggestions for a different turbo. Had to grab something as new job is putting 1100 miles on my commute a week, with 4x4 capability on site. As much as I love my truck, and hate driving smaller vehicles I need to keep my truck for when I need it, and cut fuel costs. interested in any and all egr delete and diy mpg gain info. how do folks like em w straight pipes after the cat?

thanks, all signed up and read the noob guide. spoke to gde today about their tunes and tuning options.

I love my 05. Needed to get it smogged and had a glow plug problem. So Green Diesel Eng was the answer. I did the egr delete a long time ago, and vented the crankcase to the atmosphere so I didn't keep sucking oil mist into the turbo and intercooler. It runs crazy good, and gets 20 mpg just going to the store and back, and 30 out on the highway. I love mine. Just be aware they did a recall on the torque converter and replaced it with the same one. Then they de tuned the engine on shift points so it won't tear it up again.:doh::doh: So you may want to find a really good aftermarket TC for it and then have GDE retune to get rid of the de rate at shift points.
It's a sweet little SUV. Feels more like a little truck. :woohoo:

Back