'06 No Start

Bobus

Powerstroked
My dads '06 won't start, ('06 F450 103K miles) He drove it 100 miles or so, today, started and shut off a few times.. He was on his way home and made a stop.. and it won't start, cranks quik, no smoke.. Noiticed it went through about 2-3 quarts of oil.. no puddle under the truck.. He called me and i said to see if Unplugging the ICP changed anything.. no go.. so is it O-Rings some where or is it the HPOP?

hpo leak, proabaly one of the dummy plugs or hpop fitings,let the oil cool down and it might start. does it have engine oil pressure when you crank it?

He said he didn't notice, but it cranks over faster than normal

So I looked at it today.. With the ICP Unplugged i get alot of black smoke, and it will "try" to start but won't ever take.. Maybe i'll give it a shot of Ether? If i have leaking HPOP lines/O-Rings where should i be looking?

The leaking HPO stuff will be under the HPOP cover or under the valve covers. The loss of oil would scare me.

So i'm in need of a ICP, wheres the best place to get one? Ford wants $153.50, and International wants $199.95.. gotta be cheaper ones

Got the truck to start.. Took alot of cranking, but it fired up with the ICP Unplugged.. Shut it off plugged it back in and it started up again and ran like this:

*for some reason no sound, but it sounded like it was about too die the whole time it ran, until it quit smoking*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxkRBaBxjsA

Is this the signs of a bad ICP? Don't wanta Just throw parts at it. It ran like this for prolly 2-3 minutes before straightening out and idled like normal. It threw the Code P2285 again. It turned the Snow black from the soot and soot particles that came out the exhaust.. I let the truckk warm up and took it for a 10 miles drive and didn't have the No-Start prob again..

Last edited:
I knew that ford had a recall on some icp sensors due to oil contamination. You might be able to have the ford dealer take care of the sensor.

Back