07 5.9 ecm

Beasty

I'm looking for recommendations on where to get a 2007 5.9 ECM I'm rebuilding a motor which threw a rod out of the drivers side in the process it took out the ECM the stealership wants $2100 for a replacement and the. Charges to flash it thought I'd look at what options I might have. I have found a few reman companies on the net but have no experience as to the quality thanks

Keep a eye out on eBay for one or check car-part.com for something in your area. I got one for my 6.7 swap for $200 off eBay. You will still need to get it flashed for your truck. If your is a auto, get a auto ECM.

Thanks for the info dealership wants a chunk to reflash one as well I'd seen a few on eBay remans that quoted they came flashed you supplied vehicle info to them.

Forrest is a good guy! I was just going to recomend contacting him.

Thanks for the help the donor motor is getting a refresh and some upgrades so when I get it in the truck I have some people to call just wanted to get everything lined up make sure I don't run into a problem and can budget the build

Where are you located? I really prefer to install and program myself vs. shipping out a used ECM.

I test everything, but I've bought back a bunch of perfectly good computers because I'm a nice guy, and I guess I'm kinda snake-bit on shipping used parts anymore :eek:

Where are you located? I really prefer to install and program myself vs. shipping out a used ECM.

I test everything, but I've bought back a bunch of perfectly good computers because I'm a nice guy, and I guess I'm kinda snake-bit on shipping used parts anymore :eek:

Forrest I'm in Victoria right down the road from Houston so your close enough. Donor motor is at the machine shop now getting b&b and some other things when I get it back and ready to go in the truck. Ill be looking to get the ECM and efi live set up ill give a shout then. Thanks for the help

Back