07 F350 questions...

Bobus

Powerstroked
So I'm thinking of swapping in a Cummins for the 6.0, no my 6l doesn't have any problems, just want too do it and I have the parts.. so my question is, is there a hole in the cab floor for a manual transmission shifter with a cover, or do I have to cut my cab floor? Did they offer adjustable pedals in manual transmission model trucks or do I need to ditch the adjustable pedals?

You will have to cut your floor. If you want to use a zf6 trans you will need a tunnel from a manual truck since the zf is considerably larger than a 5r. A nv4500 or 5600 will fit in the auto tunnel but will need a hole for the shifter.

Why not use the 5r?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Don't care for automatics, rather have a 6 spd and I really don't want to deal with a standalone controller.

You will have to cut your floor. If you want to use a zf6 trans you will need a tunnel from a manual truck since the zf is considerably larger than a 5r. A nv4500 or 5600 will fit in the auto tunnel but will need a hole for the shifter.

That's not what I wanted to hear since I have a ZF6, just gave my buddy a NV5600 cause I had no use for it..

I can understand not wanting the standalone controller. But by the time you do all the mods for the zf the 5r might be the cheaper way to go. And the 5r is a pretty stout trans I personally like it a lot better than a zf.

That's not what I wanted to hear since I have a ZF6, just gave my buddy a NV5600 cause I had no use for it..

It's not a bad swap but it makes it very nice if you have a manual parts truck.

Back