08 truck long crank time all the sudden

UNBROKEN

Ezekiel 25:17
One of our company trucks.....all filters serviced about 3000 miles ago. In the last week it's gone from almost instant starts to cranking for 3-4 seconds before firing...and it doesn't really sound like it wants to start then.

I know nothing about the LMM....any thoughts?

One of our company trucks.....all filters serviced about 3000 miles ago. In the last week it's gone from almost instant starts to cranking for 3-4 seconds before firing...and it doesn't really sound like it wants to start then.

I know nothing about the LMM....any thoughts?

I would check the fuel filter for being tight. Also check the bleed screw in the top of the housing.

Is it cranking over fast?
To fire up it needs at least 100, cranking RPM, and 1,450 psi fuel pressure.

I checked the filter today for any leaking..it looks brand new and everything is dry around and under it. BTW...could they have come up with a dumber place for the fuel filter? LOL

It cranks fine....full speed if you will. It just cranks for a long time before it fires. Gonna get the filter changed tomorrow just to rule out a tank of bad fuel...but we fill up all our equipment plus my work truck and personal truck at the same station and everything else is fine.

I checked the filter today for any leaking..it looks brand new and everything is dry around and under it. BTW...could they have come up with a dumber place for the fuel filter? LOL

It cranks fine....full speed if you will. It just cranks for a long time before it fires. Gonna get the filter changed tomorrow just to rule out a tank of bad fuel...but we fill up all our equipment plus my work truck and personal truck at the same station and everything else is fine.
remeber there is no lift pump on a Dmax. It is a vacum feed system. You will not always "see" a leak in the system.

Fuel filters have got worse over the years. Even though it is on the same place it was much easier to replace on my 02 then it is on my 07. Darn engineers routed the AC lines right over it. PITA!

I remember reading about this, there is a flash for the issue. Its a quick fix.

Back