09 TDI help

jimdawg185

Just bought an 09 TDI. Having the check engine light come on. Took it in, it was a rail pressure drop. They told me it was because we ran it low on fuel. The light came on when we were at about 1/4 tank, ok they reset and drove it around, no light no charge (certified pre owned). That was last Friday, I put some Power service plus ULSD formula in it yesterday and today the light is back on again.

First, the PSP should not throw a light, so should I take it right back?

Second, where the hell is the water separator on this thing?

Any other advice would be great thanks!

09 is common rail i believe. if i remember correctly the high pressure fuel pump is a common issue on those cars. pre owned for a reason. gas does nasty things to that pump. but first. where are you located? there may be someone around you with the vag-com software that can scan it for you to be sure

I am in Lynchburg Va. I was thinking about getting vag-com. I also think it has a cp3 and have heard of them having issues. And really, I don't care if it launches the thing to the moon. I just want them to pay for it is all, but I want to avoid them having an excuse to blame it on me. I found out today that I also have the free service for the fist 36k or so, and when they did the certified pre owned check they did not do the 20k service. They are doing it tomorrow so we will see what they say about the new light. I wish I had an OBD2 plug in like scangauge or something that I could keep an eye on the lift pump pressure among other things so I can have good info to fight back with if they keep playing games. Any ideas on something like that, or is vcds the only way to do this through datalog playback.

Well, it went back to the dealership and they are sending a fuel sample to VW. What gets me is that they are letting us to continue driving it. I am still confused about this whole experience. They also failed to do the 20k service, which includes the Fuel Filter ( I believe this houses the water separator) and we have the car free maintenance program. Big mistake on their part. This could be the source of this problem, water can eat these things up fast. Well I will keep posting the details as they are revealed. Any help would be appreciated!

Back