12 valve going in my 99

have you proven that? you can port the hell out of a 12v head, and the valvetrain is 10x cheaper and 10x more stable

98.5-00 have both a Cam and crank sensor, 01-02 just have the cam sensor. And if your ecm is not reading a tach signal your alternator wont charge.

98.5-00 have both a Cam and crank sensor, 01-02 just have the cam sensor. And if your ecm is not reading a tach signal your alternator wont charge.

Ya I had things backwards a bit. So is there no way to make the crank sensor work on a 12v? I know there's quite a few guys that have done this so I figured there can't be much to it.

I was going to drop a 12v in the 99 I had, but ditched it to put it in a 96 1500.

99's had a crank sensor, located behind the starter(had something to with the tach, alternator, and I think A/C) and a cam sensor(timing of the vp), located below the vp44. The 01-02 had the cam sensor only, it has the same function as the crank and cam sensors, but just in one sensor.

Does the crank sensor have ties to the A/C? If not then I could just run aftermarket guages and a one wire alternator set up correct?

Back