12 valve help

95rustbucket

sorry if this is in the wrong section you can move it but I am going to look at a cummins sunday and was wondering what i should look for and what you would pay for it. It is a 1995 single cab long bed, it is pretty rusty. it has 310k. I am just wanting this to drive to work and play around with. just wondering what your guys thoughts are. thanks for any help

If its ad rusty as you say then you can get it reasonably. As for things to look for, when you start it to listen to it watch the exhaust. If it has white/light blue smoke come out then you know the timing has fallen behind a bit which will also cause the mileage to be a little lower than normal. But it should have no problem gettin 23-25 mpg. Just check over the engine bay to see if its leaking anywhere. Ask why its being sold and what needs fixed as well. I'd say you should be able to get this truck for $3200 or less.

Definitely lower than 3k I got my 95 for close to that and it was clean, no rust.

I bought my 95' for $1500. It's a pretty clean truck......... almost rust free from the southwest desert near Tuscon, AZ.

To quote the late Jason Sands of Diesel Power Magazine, "To say it was rough would be an understatement."

I wish I could find a cheap 2wd. I could have one door and a 5 gallon bucket for a seat and half rusted out and I would be happy. Lol

We've definitly found our share of trucks for the right price. Of the 8 we have the most me or my dad paid for one was $5200.The cheapest was $1600 and we have 1st gen autos and sticks as well as 2nd gen autos and sticks. 2wd and 4wd. Alot of it comes down to the person selling the truck knowing what they have or not.

yah im going with 12vfleet he has got a lot of good info im guessing you can get it for about 3000 bucks and dont be afraid to ask questions after all its your money your spending on it he should have nothing to hide if he does its a lil shady and ya might wanna think twice but its all about what your looking for.

Back