12 valve Roller Rockers

Bobcat698

Pure Diesel Power
What are the main advantages of a roller-rocker valve train setup?

Is is necessary for 5k plus rpm?

Reduces friction between the tip of the rocker and the valve itself = more power. RPM ???? dont know?
Brandon

97' CTD said:
Reduces friction between the tip of the rocker and the valve itself = more power. RPM ???? dont know?
Brandon

~$1500 worth of more power?

I doubt that anyone has dynoed before and after installing just rockers to tell us that. The lighter materials used in them would be a benefit also.

JerrodGlover said:
I doubt that anyone has dynoed before and after installing just rockers to tell us that. The lighter materials used in them would be a benefit also.

I'm not necessarily looking for dyno numbers.. maybe even SOP or general opinion before/after?

With a larger cam, the 5k rpm figure you threw out, and all around design of the head, I would say that a roller rocker would make a noticable difference. They will remove mass and friction from the valvetrain, which will in turn make more power. Might help to rev faster, and will most likely help the valvetrain survive at the high rpm too.

At least that's how it works in a gasser. Valvetrain and actuation aren't very different, it's mostly components used.

We had the same topic here almost year ago.

Opinions - > not needed , price versus power gains is not balance

Forrest Nearing said:
no way...

if you could somehow quantify 5hp on an engine dyno, I'd be surprised

Even if it shown 5 hp- would it last on the street at length? :umno:

Back