12v cam in 24v

odieub

wanting to a liitle progect build anyone ever put a stock 12v cam say from a 97 215 motor in a 24v?? herd it will work fine?? any other info.

looking to p-pump a 24v and doing it on the cheap. run stock 12v lp.

Why? What do you gain form this?

Edit: No, this wont work. 12 valves means you have 12 pushrods which means 12 lifters. So a 24v would have 24 pushrods and 24 lifters right? Someone pleas back me up on this. I was just in a V8 motor so thats why im thinkin this.

Why? What do you gain form this?

Edit: No, this wont work. 12 valves means you have 12 pushrods which means 12 lifters. So a 24v would have 24 pushrods and 24 lifters right? Someone pleas back me up on this. I was just in a V8 motor so thats why im thinkin this.

i got a cam out of a 12v and had diesel pros put their grind on it...i know of a few 24v guys running a 12v cam so they can run the 12v lift pump

looking to put a 24v motor w/215 p-pump in my 94 2wd. got more time than sense. wanting to run stock 12v lift pump (have to have the lobe) and wanting to do all tis with just parts that i have laying around.

and this aint like a v8 even the 24v and common rails only have 12 push rods and bridges under the rocker arm.

24V has 12 tappets same as a 12, also has 12 rockers. The rockers push on bridges that split to the paired intake and exhaust valves.

Yes, it will work fine.

From my memory the 12V has higher ratio rockers and therefor has lower lobe lift. Installing a 12V cam in a 24V would be a downgrade then.

I know you can put a 24V cam in a 12 for an upgrade, not the other way around.

24V has 12 tappets same as a 12, also has 12 rockers. The rockers push on bridges that split to the paired intake and exhaust valves.

From my memory the 12V has higher ratio rockers and therefor has lower lobe lift. Installing a 12V cam in a 24V would be a downgrade then.

I know you can put a 24V cam in a 12 for an upgrade, not the other way around.[/
QUOTE]

^^ The truth

I you want to run a 12 valve lift pump. spend the money on a after market cam with a lift pump lobe. I know that the helix 2, hamilton 181/210 and some of maxspool cam have them. then you already have the benfits of a better cam.

The 12v cam is a downgrade performance-wise. As far as working, it will be fine though.

Zach

Back