12V with everyone's favorite 63/68/.88 charger!

This is interesting, I just ordered one of these for a local kid with "fully built 12v". Maybe his hamilton cam will offset that .88 housing?

I have a stiff pedal all the time it seems. Also, my max boost seems to be only 37-38 pounds. I figured it'd be more. It also builds boost to 25 psi real quick, then seems to slow down and only creeps to 35 pounds. I have to be in it for awhile (while seeing 12-1400 egts) to feel like its really all "ramped up" if you catch my drift

^zep, sounds like a boost leak or afc issue... mine does not see full fuel until ~38-40psi. get the AFC fixed and report back

roachie, I'd go .91 if the installation is new

94-12V... no clue. it was 40+ at idle a few years ago, I dialed it up some, the gauge died and I plugged it. No clue what it is at full fuel.

afc is gutted/foot is removed and the starwheel is turned. I should be seeing full fuel earlier, no? I have constant 40 psi fuel pressure. I'm not complaining by any means, I just was under the assumption I'd be seeing more boost. Less drive pressure is good though

afc is gutted/foot is removed and the starwheel is turned. I should be seeing full fuel earlier, no? I have constant 40 psi fuel pressure. I'm not complaining by any means, I just was under the assumption I'd be seeing more boost. Less drive pressure is good though

If the afc is gutted turning the starwheel isn't gonna do you anything...

wow. I am dumb. For some reason I was under the impression the rod the foot rode on still had to do with some form of time/boost delayed fuel delivery. Sorry to muddle up this thread guys. I take another look at it. Thanks again

Hurley, thought I'd check in. My afc is still gutted. I noticed a kink in the boost reference line. I fixed that and removed the plate. The pre boost screw was all the way out, so I turned it in just a bit as well. I removed the isolator from my fuel pressure gauge set up, and I now show a constant 38-40 psi. In fourth gear from a roll I can now hit ~50 pounds of boost at 2800 rpm, 13-1400 degree egt, and man it seems as fast going from 60-90 mph as my old 66mm/650cc pump/5x.020's set up did. I'm pretty impressed. I'm used to quite a bit of lag, so this smaller charger's response already has me impressed. I don't even think I'd like it much "snappier." Just thought I'd respond with more good 63mm charger results. Once again, it is a BW, Manning Motorsports built, 63/68/.91 T4 HX 40 flange, billet 10 blade compressor wheel, 6 pad thrust. Thanks for your help and patience with me

Back