13" ceramic kevlar questions?

Gear Jammer

I am currently saving up the funds for a new clutch, since my stocker started slipping today. What I would like to know is, how is the engagement on this clutch (kevlar/ceramic)? I ran a Valair 13" ofe in my first gen. How would the kev./cer. compare in terms of engagement, grabbiness?
I plan on towing around 10k a couple times a year with my truck, and I don't want a clutch that can't be engaged smoothly.

I have the 12.25" ceramic/ceramic in my truck. When it's time for a new one I'm going to take Dan's original advice and get a kevlar/ceramic. The full ceramic is only a little grabby, but as Dan told me repeatedly, it has ZERO slip built into it. For towing, the kevlar/ceramic should be a good clutch because it has a little bit of slip.

I loved my kevlar/ceramic for towing but if you intentionally slip it kiss it good bye. I tried sledpulling once with mine. I now have a full ceramic and love it but I did break a motor mount when I was towing because of it.

Thanks for the info. I don't plan on hooking to a sled any time soon, so that's not a concern. I think I'm sold, now I just need some money.:doh:

Back