145° or 155°

cut7

All other things being equal, is there any power difference (at the street level) between 145° and 155° injectors? Yes, I know you have to have pistons to match the injectors, but I have to rebuild my motor anyways. And there doesn't seem to be much of a price difference between the two different pistons.

Yes I'm aware of that, however that doesn't really answer my question.

My experience has been 155's have made more power, even on stock pistons. 145 would run and idle cleaner.

My experience has been 155's have made more power, even on stock pistons. 145 would run and idle cleaner.

How much more? And I must say, this is a street truck, idle & low-end are very important.

How much more? And I must say, this is a street truck, idle & low-end are very important.

Personally I didn't think it was that bad, mostly when it was cold. I went from a set of honed out 370's to a pair of 145 5/14's, truck ran good but definitely was a loss of power. Went back to a set of 155's.

Having the larger, 155* piston bowls from the factory (non-intercooled engine), my engine runs very clean at idle and in the low end with honed 370s. Speaking from the VE side of things, majority of the time, they like a bump in the static/base timing to help clean up the idle haze, if any. My pump is custom but the static timing is set to factory and has no haze at idle.

Back