181/131 dv/holder combo

cosmo22nov

i know this has been gone over before but i cant seem to find it for the life of me. which one is supposed to be better the 131 dv with the 181 holder or the 181 dv with the 131 holder?

Think it was 191 dv in the 131 holder if I recall. I thinkkk it was a smokem thread.

Theres always controversy about it. I had thought the 181 seats were better, but i just swapped mine around again and achieved better idle with 131 seats. I did change over to a fresh cut set of dvs so it could be them as well but im not sure. The 131s are supposed to seal better and run cleaner, but the 181s leak a little so fuel harder, but dirtier. The 131s have a shorter shoulder than the 181s, thus fueling harder.

131 may seat beter but flow is the same either way. IMO Its not a good idea to swap valves and seats, they are a matched set

A drill and some clover [valve laping compound] and they'll seat back perfectly. Dont stay on it to long, just look for that even grey seat to come around. No matter what neddle is used the 131 seat will seal off better.

A drill and some clover [valve laping compound] and they'll seat back perfectly. Dont stay on it to long, just look for that even grey seat to come around. No matter what neddle is used the 131 seat will seal off better.

BINGO!!

can u explain more? im not sure i understand

can u explain more? im not sure i understand

One could use the neddle type that fits your fueling needs but lap it into a 131 seat. Most people's 'cut' valves or already done this way I understand, but If not it's easy enough to do yourself. My favorites bar none are the 191 and Westons newest cut valve with the smaller dia. shoulder, they both fuel heavy and both will at least support 900+hp with the correct Inj. There would'nt be any performance differances between the 181 and 131 seats but the 131's are a better design and really seem to seal off better. Ryan

One could use the neddle type that fits your fueling needs but lap it into a 131 seat. Most people's 'cut' valves or already done this way I understand, but If not it's easy enough to do yourself. My favorites bar none are the 191 and Westons newest cut valve with the smaller dia. shoulder, they both fuel heavy and both will at least support 900+hp with the correct Inj. There would'nt be any performance differances between the 181 and 131 seats but the 131's are a better design and really seem to seal off better. Ryan

Yes, Yes, and Yes

Back