1993 fuel filter mount seal

dangerous06

diesel tech
Having a hard time finding the seal that goes between the head and fuel filter mounting base. "Fuel heater" It has the fuel heater plug in and is about a 1/2 thick Machine shop took it off and the seal is rock hard! It's a square cut o-ring style. Any help?

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! Anybody have one laying around? Part # 3913695 If so PM me I'll give 10 bucks if you get it in the mail tomorrow!

I needed one on a Sunday once and just went in the farm & home and found a oil filter that had one that matched and worked perfect, forgot to write down the number, it was a fram filter was about $4 I think.

I needed one on a Sunday once and just went in the farm & home and found a oil filter that had one that matched and worked perfect, forgot to write down the number, it was a fram filter was about $4 I think.

Having same issue with my Fuel heater and recently read that picking a o ring from a donor filter was one of the solutions. Will put it to the test hopefully tomorrow. Picked up a pair of metric nuts M16-1.5 (fine thread) from a local fastener store ($1) to use as jam nuts to unscrew the nipple holding the heater in place.

Dodge number is 4429695 paid something like $6. Bought two and will pickup tomorrow. Personally I think it will be the same as the square O ring I stole from a filter.

Picked up the O ring from the dealer and it is the smaller diameter O ring like the original and not the larger square o ring used on a filter.

Back