1998 k2500 6.5 turbo

zx800x

Have a 1998 6.5 turbo with about 189,000. Truck runs and drives great, but has an intermittent hard start when warm. Will crank like mad til the batteries dead. Let it sit about 15 min and will fire right up.

Sounds like the pmd, get a new one and relocate it off the block.

I'll throw in another vote for a PMD as well. And like above said, relocate it out of the engine bay to keep it cooler.

I inspected the truck and it look like the PMD has been relocated. It sits on the left of the intake with a big heatsink? truck just stalls out now when warmed up. Will restart after 15 min of sitting.

I inspected the truck and it look like the PMD has been relocated. It sits on the left of the intake with a big heatsink? truck just stalls out now when warmed up. Will restart after 15 min of sitting.

That is an SSDIESEL heat sync kit, and they are said to be WORSE than the stock location. I have seen a few of them fail mounted on teh intake as well, so that doesn't rule it out(just makes it easier to change). The good news is a new PMD and an extension harness to mount it down behind the bumper and you'll prbably be back in business.

Back