2.6 class ?

NEsmoker

I am making my 99 a full time puller. Do to slow work i wont be able to p pump it till next winter. I am just planning on finishing up the drive line mods(locker up front, suspension work, u joint sheilds, wheight rack for front, and few other saftey mods). I ll run it like it is in the 2.6 classes i guess. My questions are. I took the insurance off the truck cause i dont drive it no more. Most 2.6 classes say they require registration and plates, but dont mention insurance. Its registration is good till next dec. Thats my biggest? what should i do there? Not such a big concern but i was gonna put a hood stack on it but, it seems all i read is 2.6 exhuast must exit behind pass comp. Im not goin as far as getting into any points brackets, just wanna pull for recreation this year. I know the few brush pulls wont be any concerns, but i dont wanna get put in the mod classes with the 1000 hp trucks cause of a hood stack or i didnt drive the truck there. At least till next year. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks rob.

I am making my 99 a full time puller. Do to slow work i wont be able to p pump it till next winter. I am just planning on finishing up the drive line mods(locker up front, suspension work, u joint sheilds, wheight rack for front, and few other saftey mods). I ll run it like it is in the 2.6 classes i guess. My questions are. I took the insurance off the truck cause i dont drive it no more. Most 2.6 classes say they require registration and plates, but dont mention insurance. Its registration is good till next dec. Thats my biggest? what should i do there? Not such a big concern but i was gonna put a hood stack on it but, it seems all i read is 2.6 exhuast must exit behind pass comp. Im not goin as far as getting into any points brackets, just wanna pull for recreation this year. I know the few brush pulls wont be any concerns, but i dont wanna get put in the mod classes with the 1000 hp trucks cause of a hood stack or i didnt drive the truck there. At least till next year. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks rob.

Make sure u have current insurance and put a stack in the bed. Look at Bosshawg on here im sure u dont want to end up lookin like him :hehe:.
Brandon

Well I'd say if the organization your pulling in is having a "street diesel" class and the turbo rule is 2.6 you wont be legal. Cause its a street diesel class. It will usually tell you if you have to be licensed and all that. But if you are in a 2.6 class I doubt its an issue. I pulled 5 different organizations last year with expired tags and no insurance with no problems.

Yea i figured that. Now whats the deal with the full mod classes where the truck arent street trucks at all. I assume you still have to carry some kind of insurance to right? Im just trying to get my research done befor the season here.
What happened to Bosshawg?
Thanks Brandon.

Yea i figured that. Now whats the deal with the full mod classes where the truck arent street trucks at all. I assume you still have to carry some kind of insurance to right? Im just trying to get my research done befor the season here.
What happened to Bosshawg?
Thanks Brandon.

No need for insurance. Unless you decide to dive the truck off the trailer or blame the organization or track for a dent in it. Then you may want to get some. Waste of lots of money if you ask me.

Most around here have work stock, street 2.6, street 2.8, super street and mod. Super street and mod nothing in rules about tags and such but ss is 3.0 and mod is single unlimited and 3.2 twins.

Well Id say anything from 2.8 up wouldnt have any requirements for tags. NADM super street is unlimited single and mods are mods. They are sweet. I wish SS class could run cut tires. They look bad a$$

Well to be honest i would never go to any pull without insurance on my truck! At least liability! Example: Last pull of the year my truck was parked in front of Dane's (Strokersmoker) He had his running with the emergency brake on, and it was on a little bit of a hill! Well his ebrake let lose running over his mom and 2 other ppl! Luckly Ben was able to jump in it before it hit my truck! And if my truck wouldnt of been there, and ben wouldnt of ben there it would of rolled all the way down the hill building speed, and right into the consession stands! Not a good idea to not carry insurance! Also what would happen if this truck fell off the trailer going to the pull???

Yea i was thinking about having liability on it, cause its only 5 months unless i break her then its less. It stinks that there is so many different orgs and theres always a few rules that differ one way or another.

Make sure u have current insurance and put a stack in the bed. Look at Bosshawg on here im sure u dont want to end up lookin like him :hehe:.
Brandon

Hey now!!!!!

Insurance is def good! But i did run my truck with expired plates all year....guess the hoodstack kinda distracted from that!

! Also what would happen if this truck fell off the trailer going to the pull???[/QUOTE]

then it should be covered under the insurance of the truck that is hauling it, trailer is also covered. at least thats what i have been told by a few insurance companies

No it is not covered. you have to have insurance on the load for it to be coverd. whats full coverage 900 a year well worth it if you ask me.

No need for insurance. Unless you decide to dive the truck off the trailer or blame the organization or track for a dent in it. Then you may want to get some. Waste of lots of money if you ask me.

The reasons most places require insurance and tags are because the pulls insurer requires the trucks to be street trucks. It isn't about your insurance covering you at the pull, it is about the trucks being street legal.

Im just gonna insure it for 4-5 months for the season, so it will be cheaper.

Back