2.6 help

I dont have any problem lighting my charger, i juat cant keep it lit. I have a little bigger exhaust housing i have thought of trying. Past experience tells me it will get worse with the bigger housing, but im out of ideas. Any opinions on the housing?

I dont have any problem lighting my charger, i juat cant keep it lit. I have a little bigger exhaust housing i have thought of trying. Past experience tells me it will get worse with the bigger housing, but im out of ideas. Any opinions on the housing?

What intercooler are you running? A/W or A/A? That's the first thing that came to mind for me and second would be are you running a pretty decent sized cam to keep up with the turbo?

I'd pull timing back a tad too, its certainly not helping the situation if you cant get ontop of the turbo.

What DV's with the new pump?

Running air to water, have checked for leaks and dont have any. Building about 60 psi instantly, then gradually falling off after clutch is rolled out. Ive backed the timing way down. Down as low as i feel comfortable. The cam is a hamilton, not the biggest, but should be plenty, and is degreed in correctly. The issue has to be fuel related because i was lighting it with a vp and running strong with this setup just not enough rpms. Im just curious if one of the turbo gurus can chime in on the housing. It stayed lit with the vp, wondering if now ive got a flow issue maybe through the housing?

Running air to water, have checked for leaks and dont have any. Building about 60 psi instantly, then gradually falling off after clutch is rolled out. Ive backed the timing way down. Down as low as i feel comfortable. The cam is a hamilton, not the biggest, but should be plenty, and is degreed in correctly. The issue has to be fuel related because i was lighting it with a vp and running strong with this setup just not enough rpms. Im just curious if one of the turbo gurus can chime in on the housing. It stayed lit with the vp, wondering if now ive got a flow issue maybe through the housing?

I know everyone can't divulge what they are running but without turbo specs the gurus will be guessing.

2.6x3.6 with a .96 a/r have a 1.08 a/r for it, which is my bigger option. I guess the only other option is to lean the piss out of it and try to limp through the rest of the season. Usually dont ask for a lot on here, but tired of hauling it just to snuff at 100 ft.

Last edited:
Back