2.6 vs 3.0 what class to start with?

I wish I would have just built a 3.0 truck years ago. I would have saved soooo much money.

That's why I wanna do it right out of the gate. Instead of ending up spending 100k all together working my way up from work stock. :ft:

You have the right idea, just be aware it takes time to do a 3.0 truck and set backs can keep you on the sideline instead of pulling longer than you think. Working your way up gives you more track time.

You have the right idea, just be aware it takes time to do a 3.0 truck and set backs can keep you on the sideline instead of pulling longer than you think. Working your way up gives you more track time.

Working your way up also shows you what you do and don't really need for the truck to be competitive.

That's why I wanna do it right out of the gate. Instead of ending up spending 100k all together working my way up from work stock. :ft:

I think you're going to spend 100k even starting with 3.0. Just going off what 3.0 trucks are selling for.

The 3.0 trucks on this site are what I am going off of. If they are willing to sell for 80k, I'me sure they have well over that into them.

Yep but you still have your time.

The 3.0 trucks on this site are what I am going off of. If they are willing to sell for 80k, I'me sure they have well over that into them.

Yep but you still have your time.

id be willing to bet 2fold plus at 80

The question will plague you for years ,You need to measure what pulls you want to attend, Local pulling groups ,Rules, if You plan on pulling for fun or to be competitive. We have both trucks 2.6 & 3.0 the cost to be competitive is enormous. The initial cost to build a 3.0 truck will be $50K more then 2.6 in reality. With the power we make today the 2.6 DL just cannot support it unless you are willing to do repairs weekly under current rules, I was disappointed in our 2.6 truck this year it was down for 1/2 the season and the cost on the repairs $$$$ (Plus labor hrs) weekly. If we Decide (3 of Us) to stay in the 2.6 class the cost for the upgrades will equal the 3.0 and according to current rules still be struck with the 1 ton T-case rule even if they go open on R-axle.

If you attend the PPl events in 3.0, the competition is brutal. the 2.6 class requires more qualifying ( more stress on the truck) for the big events. and very competitive also.

Whatever You decide always remember it the heart of the sport that counts BC its next to impossible to win regularly/Weekly. Their will be set-backs in any pulling season just keep moving forward and when the season ends it will be 1 hellva accomplishment:Cheer:

Just build a tractor. More fun and reliable. Have 2 friends, 1 with a tractor, 1 with a truck, both pull. Guess which one is more reliable and cheaper?

Just my 2 cents

Back