2000 TDI info please

TheBigDeOGE

If you aint 1st..ure LAST
my cousin has a 2000 tdi manual with 1.9L

i'm gonna do some work to it but dont no wats the best exaust (straight pipe? muffler? size?)

afe intake for sure

and chip wat all works good on these cars without hurting him too much.

thanks guys.

Straight 2.5 exhaust with just single resonator. If you keep the cat in there it will be silent. If you delete it then it might get some drones at certain RPM points. But still not very loud.

Dont waste your money on the intake. It does nothing but ill.

TDIClub Forums

For Chipping I would contact Mike at TDTuning.

TDTUNING.COM

Other companies that do proper chips for these are Rocketchip and KermaTDI.

Straight 2.5 exhaust with just single resonator. If you keep the cat in there it will be silent. If you delete it then it might get some drones at certain RPM points. But still not very loud.

Dont waste your money on the intake. It does nothing but ill.

TDIClub Forums

For Chipping I would contact Mike at TDTuning.

TDTUNING.COM

Other companies that do proper chips for these are Rocketchip and KermaTDI.

thanks i just signed up earlier. intake want help at all? i dont see how it want.

Because the stock is good for 250+hp. And it actually filters the dirt unlike those freeflow crap. And it is real cold air intake. Just clean the snowscreen in the intake snorkel thats goes from the filterbox to back of the headlamp and youre good to go.

we got a 2000 tdi for my 16 yo son as his first car. looking forward to working on it with him... cant beat it sweet ride 1 owner they took perfect care of it with 124xxx on the clock... sweet diesel pwr and mpg...........................

i want one so bad. i heard one up at scheid and it sounded awsome. 2.5" straight pipe.

Straight exhaust will overspeed the stock turbo and cause boost spikes and creep.

muffler help with that? we just gonna do downpipe back. not whole exaust

Yes. Some backpressure is needed to keep the stock turbo under control. Once you upgrade to a larger turbine turbo (GT17 or GT20) then straight pipe exhaust isn't a problem.

Back