2004 on 3rd ecm in 6 months

jeeper38

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm new to the forum and am hoping to find some help here. back in august my truck threw a pedal position sensor low input code. replaced pps and code remained. ended up replacing the ecm. January it did the same thing. ecm repaired under warranty. now its has done the same thing again. it's alwaays the same pedal position sensor code. Any ideas here? Thinking about replacing all the wiring harnesses and the pps again out of frustration. not sure what else to do. Wondering if one of the wiring harnesses has and itermittent short or something. My truck is the 2004.5 with the new venture 6 speed and the pedal position sensor under the battery tray. Any ideas???

What is the condition of the batteries? Also is the truck stock? If your burning through ecu's like that you have other issues going on. Short somewhere or bad batteries. Start with the basics.

all stock. I will ask about checking the batteries tomorrow. I read somewhere that fluctuations of idle speed may mean something. sometimes I have notice that it seems to very slightly idle up or down when at idle. think that means anything?

so are you thinking that the batteries and cables are cause voltage issues? just trying to understand. thanks.

Why do you replace the ecm's? Does the truck just fail to run or start? Alternator circuit fried?

it puts out the pedal position sensor low input code and it wont let it be erased. It runs but after the code is thrown it idles until you hit the throttle and then tries to go wide open.

Have you traced all wires associated with the APPS and checked resistance or for any physical problems? Batteries and all grounds need to be in tip top condition tho.

battery cables are clean and tight. They went through that at the shop already. I've noticed that my alrternator seems to charge a little high though. Its always kinda far up on the trucks gauge but not in the red so I never really worried about it. It seems like the last time this happened and this time it was when it was a partiallly melted snowy, sluchy mess on all the road. whats the possibility of moisture getting somewhere? But the first time this happened back in august it was hot and dry so maybe that has nothing to do with it. Could a hot alternator cause this problem?

Also just wondering why its throwing a apps code and not letting me erase it every time? whats the connection?

If the hot battery cable between the two batteries isn't correctly passing/sharing current, you will get an overcharge condition on the passenger side battery and low supply voltage coming from the driver's side.

I'd replace it no matter how clean it looks at this point. Cheaper than an ECM :eek:

Thanks for all the ideas. Definitly have some stuff to look over when I get my truck back. Cant check much till the ecm is back in it.

Back