2006 12v fummins,zf6 to which auto?

rjustman

Looking for insights on which auto to go to.I'd like to swap over..I have a 4x4 48re and 47re in my garage I could combine to make a good trans but not real sure I wanna swap inputs and modify everything (harnesses,shift cables etc) to run a dodge trans.I've also been talking to a few guys who seem to really like the 5r using factory com o run 4r is also a good option but I've never used a pcs.an allison would be my ideal swap but doubt I could afford it..
If possible I'd like to use factory controllers in whatever I do..I know it possible and I've,sent a few messages to get this sort of info but if anyone else has any info or suggestions let's hear em good bad whatever I'm open to all comments suggestions etc..can also pm me or text me too.

Also after I make a choice my zf (88k miles)will be going up for sale if anyone's interested as a full kit,wires,pedals,hydros,clutch etc.so if anyone's interested there pm me or text on it also

Richard

Since we spoke over the phone, Cale has written me a tune for my 5r that is absolutely great. Shifts great, perfect pressure, perfect timing. Took us a few tries but I'm completely satisfied with the 5r. Actually I love this thing, so much better than any other auto trans I've driven (short of the 6r140) it's holding, for now, the appropriate 500 hp my truck is making in stock form with a dpc converter.

One thing I will tell you is you need a solid tach signal first. He's not a conversion guy, just a wizard on the 5r tuning. I had all my stuff lined out then just drove over there and we wrote tunes till it worked right.

I have a 99 f350 with a 12v and 5r using an SCT to tune the stock pcm. I have been working with DCS they have been great to work with and have given me great Tunes

Could you guys pm me what your using exactly and about how much it cost..
My tach is pretty solid from the dash view any w says I don't know if it's quirky with the pcm

I plan on getting a new harness and wiring it all in,in my setup now then get trans etc in

I called dcs once and got a hold of some jackass in the shop that assured me my lower stall converter wouldn't work. He spent ten minutes arguing with me before I finally hung up the phone. Their parts that I used left a little to be desired and from what I heard from the guy over the phone they probably would have a hard time tuning anything imo.

If you need tunes Cale said he'd sell a tune with up to five re writes for 200$. If you need the tuner also it's $500.

Awesome.does the tuner have a data blogging system..is that how he writes em by studying tables? That's pretty cheap..what stall,is your converter 1600? And do you have to use destrokes flex plate.

I used the dcs flex plate so i could run a normal 6.0 profile converter. I called Phil and had him make me atriple disk 1600 or 1650 ( I forget which) stall and put it in.

The sct is able to data log. I live 30 minutes from him so I just ran over there and we wrote tunes and test drove it.

What about any 47re guys.anyone care to share info on getting it to run with a,factory ecm?
Would a 4r swap be to much harder considering it's still in a superduty frame.would the older 4r pcm run the dash and electronics in a newer 06 truck?

Bump this up..
How about a 47rh or 47re..biggest snag with with either would be modifying the shift lever on trans and adapting the tcase.

Any thoughts ??

Back