2007 jetta tdi oil change

rattlindodge

Wheres the oil filter and do you have to remove the plastic guard on the bottom of the car to drain the oil, I guess i should ask where is the oil drain to.

Filter is most likely a canister type and yes, you do have to remove the plastic on the bottom. Other than that it's pretty much the same as anything else. Be sure to remove the filter with the drain plug out, there will be some oil trapped in the housing that needs a place to go, it's not much, but with a 4.25 quart capacity it doesn't take much either.

Thanks for the info, what a pain in the but, i didnt have any ramps and there was no place to jack the car up, i feel spoiled being able to get a 5 gal bucket under my dodge for oil changes.

Go buy two 8ft 2x6's and make some drive on ramps, it's the easiest way I have found to do it.

Wheres the oil filter and do you have to remove the plastic guard on the bottom of the car to drain the oil, I guess i should ask where is the oil drain to.
Your makin fun of my truck and you dont even know how to change the oil in your vehicle. LOL now thats gay!

Your makin fun of my truck and you dont even know how to change the oil in your vehicle. LOL now thats gay!

go pop the hood and locate ever thing on a vw, jackazz. these thing are a pain. buy the time i buy a filter and oil, about $55, i might as well givem the extra $25 and let them change it.

Back