2008 F-450 Commonrail

9 LIVES

Demolition Expert
I have a buddy who has his 08 F-450 loaded with only 25K miles on it wants to sell me his truck due to downsizing his business for $22,500.

Does that seem like a deal?

I woulnd't tollerate driving the 6.4 much with regen/dpf's etc..etc..
How much more complicated would it be to put a commonrail 5.9 in the 08 models V.S. the earlier model 6.0's and such? I would think one of the biggest pitfalls would be getting a trans controller? what trans is in it? I know they make one for the 4r100 & 5r100 but not sure about what is in the newer 08's I haven't kept up much with them as they don't strike my fancy with all of the emissions junk.

What are 6.4's used market value? I know commonrails can he bad for 4-6K dollar rance on ebay

why not just delete the EPA crap for 1500 bucks and be done. The new V8 is commonrail.

why not keep the 6.4 in there??? it seems like people are making good progress with them.... with just tuners

("08 F-450 loaded with only 25K miles on it wants to sell me his truck due to downsizing his business for $22,500.

Does that seem like a deal? ")

...sounds like one too me..2wd or 4wd?

why not just delete the EPA crap for 1500 bucks and be done. The new V8 is commonrail.

That's what I was gonna say. People are already making over 600rwhp with dpf delete, tuning, and small tips.

better yet, tell me who this buddy is and i'll buy it.
i'm not scared of the 6.4's or any of their regens

suposed to meet with the guy sometime this weekend. He lowered the price a few grand! not sure if its 4X4 or 2X4.

I would say its a deal. Keep the 6.4 in there they are starting to come around.

Won't the emmisions be checked on a 2008 truck every couple of years during the dot inspections?

Remember the days when the Ford guys bashed the Cummins and Dmax guys because we could get easy power with just a tuner? Now that they can do it, they don't run their mouths about it anymore.:hehe::hehe:

Seriously though that's a pretty good deal 4x4 or not.

Back