2008 F-Super Duty Trucks with 6.4L Diesel Engines - Fuel Injector Replacement

PSDPlayer

Captain Negativity!
TO: All U.S. Ford and Lincoln Mercury Dealers

SUBJECT: ADVANCE NOTICE: DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD: Special Service Instruction 07T07:
Certain 2008 Model Year F-Super Duty Trucks with 6.4L Diesel Engines
Fuel Injector Replacement

AFFECTED VEHICLES

Certain 2008 F-250/350/450/550 vehicles equipped with a 6.4L Diesel Engines built at the Kentucky Truck Assembly Plant from April 3, 2007 through May 21, 2007. Approximately 3,100 vehicles are affected and are identified by VIN in OASIS. In addition, for a list of vehicles assigned to your dealership. This information will be available on June 1, 2007.

REASON FOR THIS PROGRAM

In all of the affected vehicles, three (3) fuel injectors were subjected to a reverse polarity voltage during engine testing. The injectors that received reverse polarity will not operate properly. This may potentially cause the vehicle to run rough, hesitate, or stumble on acceleration.

SERVICE ACTION

DO NOT DEMONSTRATE or DELIVER any of the affected vehicles involved in this Special Service Instruction Program. A complete Dealer bulletin will be provided to Dealers the week of June 4, 2007 when it is anticipated that parts ordering information and repair instructions will be available to support this Program.

OASIS
Consult OASIS for affected vehicles. FSA VIN listings for unsold vehicles will be available on June 1, 2007.

rut-roe.......I do hope Ford gets this out of the way FAST! Are these Pizo's that sensitive?

I think someone put some of the connectors on backwards.

What happened to those millioins of Quality Control miles Ford put on these trucks?
This 6.4 launch is has had more bugs and set backs than the 6.0

When you build 50 trucks and drive them all over everything goes well. When you build 50,000 trucks, and you don't build the engines and someone else builds the injectors, then things go wrong. You think this is bad, you should have seen when Ford came out with the Escape. You had to do 6 recalls before you could drive it.

Man, that sux. Funny though, I have not heard of many problems with the 6.4 for the most part. Most everything I have heard has been good.

In addition KTP Paint Dept. employees are saying trucks are going out the door in which you can see the paint sealer through the base/clear.

Supposedly Ford doesn't want to hear that either.

My suggestion to buyers would be to exam any new truck under excellent fluorescent lighting not sunlight.

Ive seen a bunch of new ones on the lot that has had messed up paint, I looks like orange peel but i could be wrong with what it is called.

Back