2008 needing.........a new engine?

Phily 911

Satire
I swapped trucks with a buddy and he wants me to change all the filters. I thought no big deal. So I got everything done, saved the fuel filter for last. I must not have put enough diesel in the filter because it wouldn't start, so then I filled it up past the top of the filter full of diesel. Try it again, still won't start. Been at this for hours now. I'm really starting to freak out here, I don't know where to start, this is probably almost a 60g truck brand new, heated leather, everything. Any advice is needed, I'm really freaking out here boys, I've never been this shook up in my life. Did I kill this thing? I would have thought all the air should be out. help

Open the bleed screw and pump the plunger until clear fuel comes out of the bleeder. Crank it and it'll start.

You just gotta get the air out of em. No way you could have killed it changing the filters.

yeah you probably need a new engine. :D

no but seriously, just do what IdahoRob said and it will fire right up. ;)

I really need to learn more about these LMM's and how to work on them and how they function. Other than the fact it kicked my ass today and won't start. I really think this truck is plush.

Bleed screw and plunger are on the top of the fuel filter head.

ya, I'd imagine a little positive pressure behind that air would do wonders

Yes it will. I just change the filter. Turn on the lift pump and crank it. Fires right up. I removed the stock filter head completey form one of my trucks. I went to Cat style filters as they are larger and cheaper.

Yes it will. I just change the filter. Turn on the lift pump and crank it. Fires right up. I removed the stock filter head completey form one of my trucks. I went to Cat style filters as they are larger and cheaper.

do you have a picture? I'd like to do this to my 03.:rockwoot:

Back