2012 and up Passat TDI info please

nyramyga.jpg
Our new duramax will be paid off by April so I fully intend to get either a brand new TDI or hold off until I can find a used '12-'14 with a standard and leather. We looked at this one pretty seriously as well, its a 2012 Jetta with the 6 speed, has the navigation and black leather too, basically every option but a sunroof and it was at 22k with just over 25,000 miles

Thats a sharp looking car. I am trying to work out the logistics of getting to Philly on Monday, if I do I will pick up my new 14' SE.

Love my 12 Jetta, fun little car. About 54K miles so far, not a single problem other then the DPF falling off somewhere. Generally 48-51MPG

Thank you for the info, is yours an manual or DSG?

I have a 12 Jetta 6 speed. In 59k I've averaged 42.83mpg. I've lost a little coolant, probably a weeping water pump. I've added a cup to get the level above the sensor and it hasn't gone off again. The DPF and EGR will fall off when the extended warrantee is over.
The Passat has urea on it, the Jetta doesn't.

Still good MPG even with emissions equipment intact. I'm planning to pick up a new 14 Passat TDI 6spd this week. I would settle for a DSG if the service intervals weren't every 40k and so costly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought my '13 Passat SEL with the DSG back in March of this year and have right around 6900 trouble-free miles on it. Loving every one so far and every thing about the car also. VCDS can and will be your friend at some point down the line. Not to mention, all the little tweaks you can make to control modules to change functionality of things. Some cool stuff can be done! I just bought a laptop a couple of weeks ago and waiting to order the license and Micro-CAN interface cable to go along with the Ross-Tech software. The hardest part for me is keeping it clean and keeping the birds from sh!tting on it. But when she's clean, she's purty!

100_8532_zps9b9483dd.jpg

100_8536_zps229624b1.jpg

100_8537_zps8f6516d5.jpg

Last edited:
Had a 12 jetta tdi 6 speed. 53000 miles in a year and half. No problems. Traded it in on 13 passat tdi 6 speed. Love the passat!! The room and mileage is great! Tow a trailer with quads and motorcycles no problem! Mileage is better by a mpg then the jetta. 20000 miles on the passat since may.

Back