2013 vw 2.0 tdi

cumminstech2010

I'm looking for a data monitor so I can monitor coolant temp, oil psi, boost etc. don't wanna do gauges. Is there anything out there that will allow this and not void warranty?

Another choice is a ScanGauge II with X-Gauge, which I like. IIRC, I don't believe if it has a preset to read the PID for oil pressure but it has a preset for water/coolant temperature and many other PIDs. You'll have to manually input the coding for EGT and boost pressure. The mathematics for boost may be different depending on the altitude you're at. PM me and I can supply the coding for both EGT and boost. The mathematics coded for mine are for sea level altitude but it'll get you started.

It won't void you're warranty. Any dealer would have to be crazy to void your warranty for simply wanting to monitor more vitals than the few dummy gauges the factory gives you. With the ScanGauge, you'll find the factory coolant temp. gauge gets to "normal operating temps." before the ScanGauge does and will sit at 190 even though the ScanGauge reads 200-204. The factory gauge will actually show 190 while the ScanGauge is barely at 130. Like any vehicle, be easy on it until it gets within a good range of the normal operating temperature. I usually wait until at least 140 before I push it moderately hard.

Here's mine. Upper left: Water/Coolant temp. - Upper right: Engine load (Old picture. I recently changed it to engine RPM) - Lower left: Boost pressure - Lower right: EGT.
photo1_zpsb706806f.jpg

Last edited:
The coding I have is for a 2012/2013 Passat. Coding for a Jetta/Golf engine could be different. If you have either the Jetta or Golf, check out TDI Club forums under the specific model year vehicle and do a search for ScanGauge discussions.

I have a jetta and I'm just lookin for somethin fairly priced. Everything I have looked at online (banks iq and bully dog watch dog) don't offer oil psi monitoring. I'm new to the tdi world bought mine brand new last week. The only complaint I have about it is no coolant temp or oil psi on dash.

I didn't realize the Jetta's don't even have a dummy gauge for coolant temp. The ScanGauge will definitely give you coolant temps at the least. I picked up my Scangauge for about $150. I see it available on Amazon for about $140 now.

Hate to bring up a dead thread, but what about the drew Tech?

09 F250
05 F250
91 D250
13 VW TDI
08 BF650SRA

Back