250/200's and Colorado emissions testing

Pocket

Nothing to see here
Well, went today and had my truck emissions tested with these injectors. It PASSED!!!!

Last year I spent time tweaking my tunes on stock injectors, and the previous years were on stock tuning.

With stock tuning and stock injectors, my truck would see these opacity results:

60 mph: 8%-12%
50 mph: 6%-10%
40 mph: 10%-12%
Zero Shift: 0%

Those are the highs and lows from previous years.

Last year was my own race tune on stock injectors:

60 mph: 5%
50 mph: 3%
40 mph: 14%
Zero Shift: 1%

And finally my results this year with the 250/200's:

60 mph: 13%
50 mph: 10%
40 mph: 14%
Zero Shift: 0%

So the results are pretty close to stock injectors on stock tuning. Maybe I can continue to dial everything in and next year see if I can get closer to my race tune results on stock sticks. After all, Blowby set the bar for large nozzles passing emissions testing.

Anywho... thought I'd share with those who might be interested.

Well I'm just going to keep chipping away at the myth that it's a bad idea to run larger injectors on PMR's as a daily driver.

I never really intended to use that tune I ran for emissions testing as a daily driver, but curiosity got the best of me, and I've been driving around town just in that tune. Peak boost at WOT will juuuuuuuust barely crest at 20psi, so it's pretty damn close to stock levels. Feels quite a bit like a bone stock truck too.

So for gits and shiggles I took a rolling WOT run straight up a long hill near my home. Granted I live at about 6,000 ft., so this was at a decent altitude. The run went from about 10 mph up to about 75 before I let off the pedal. All of it going uphill.

My pyro gauge reads in increments of 50 degrees. Peak EGT's during that run had the needle stopped dead between the 900 and the 950 degree marks. Seriously, a WOT run at high altitude, and all I could hit for EGT's was 925 degrees! Stock injectors on stock tuning can't even get nearly that low on the same run, and I tried that same hill MANY times with various mods and tunes over the years.

I was already impressed with the low EGT's on higher HP tunes, but I was shocked at the ridiculously low EGT's at stock-like power levels.

Back