265 75 16 on a dually????

They will fit, but be really close to touching. If you just use the truck for sled pullin and daily driving, I would say that it would be fine, but if you do any heavy towing I would say definitely go with some spacers in the rear.

I've run 285/75's and 305/70's on both my 01 dodge dually and my 06 duramax dually and never had any issues with the dually blowing out because of friction from rubbing or touching. The Duramax has a spacer but only because it came with car tires on the bloody thing and I couldn't even get the lug nuts started with the 285s mounted on stock rims. The dodge handled both easily, and if they are touching you dont have to worry about anything getting stuck inbetween them. Both trucks are mobile welding rigs and weigh 12,000+ empty and around 14,000 loaded with gear. Approx 200,000km and 4 sets of tires with no issues. Very stable on the highway as well with them touching, it takes a lot of the sidewall sway out when cornering.

They will fit, but be really close to touching. If you just use the truck for sled pullin and daily driving, I would say that it would be fine, but if you do any heavy towing I would say definitely go with some spacers in the rear.

.x2

i just put my factory size michelins (believe they are 265/70/16) on my dads 1999 dually and it required spacers, we went with 2" but after they were on we realized we could have probably gone with 1.5". i would not ever put tires on a dually that contact each other.$.02

I would'nt try it, spacers aren't that expensive ! I was running 255-85-16 and they touched with no load and bad w/ the gooseneck on. I'm running 285's now w/ 2" spacer, looks better and no touching problems.

On a semi I definitely wouldn't want to do it. On a 1ton truck in the middle of summer heavily loaded they barely got warm after a 1000mile trip. Just my personal experience from doing it. I have never talked to someone who has had issues doing it. Most people frown upon it because they have heard rumors of it happening but can't actually tell you a person that it has happened to. With the extra weight and friction on the big rig tires, I could see it happening in that situation.

Back