271 Slip yoke measurements

Tate

What?
Anyone have a yoke laying around they can measure? Just put a '06 271 in the truck, and no need to get some shafts made, and they need to order a yoke. Only measurements I could get a good read on was the output shaft, 1.750 34 spline. OD of the yoke, length and series would be good. I think its a 1410, but not sure. Any info would be great.

AAM is the only mfg for those slip yokes...they make both a 1415 and a 1485 size...1410 and 1480 u-joints can be used respectively.

I posted this after talking to the dealer, told me there was 5 different yokes for that t-case. After going into the dealer and talking to the a decent person, we got it squared away, should be here tomorrow morning.

not to hijack but im trying to find a rear 1485 flange yoke that goes on the drive shaft then bolts to the pinion flange... you have apart number or anywhere I can get this.. thanks.

Wish I'd have seen this sooner Tate-I have a 1480 series one sitting on the floor of the shop. IIRC autos were 1410/1415 and sticks were 1480/1485. Went through the same BS when I swapped my truck-had to go to a buddy's place and get the VIN off his truck to get Chrysler to order the yoke I wanted.

Jason

Back