2nd gen dually guys

02Harl02

I've looked around but didn't really see anything that helped. I'm wanting to run 285/75r/16s on my truck and just run a single wheel up front. A 16x10 will rub when I turn an I'm not really a fan of that especially knowing it'll hit harder when I got it flexing somewhere, so should I go with a 16x9? And I'm probably going to run a 2in spacer in the rear. Maybe someone could post some pics up of what they're running n how they like it would be nice! Thanks guys

I don't know about the fronts as far as running single wheels, but I ran 285/75r16's on my fronts and never rubbed on the '02. As far as the spacers go, you can actually get a set of 1.75" spacers made. They are still too dayum wide for the 285's, but that is the min you can machine them and clear the lug studs. Be prepared to wash the entire side of your truck every time you drive through a puddle.

Search my username and wheel spacers or dual spacers and you'll probably find lots of pictures.

I wouldn't like having different junk on the front and back and not being able to rotate tires and keep them all wearing properly.

Last edited:
Personally....I'd buy new. You never know if you buy used whether or not they have hairline cracks in them. I towed heavy for years with the AL 6061-T6 ones. They make steel ones too but just add a lot of weight. I'd get AL and buy new. You can google them. I found a guy on Ebay years ago our in cali. He made me a set at 1.75" instead of 2.

So will my outer dual stay centered? Cuz the hub centers both don't they? Or will I need differnt lug nuts that will center it?

So will my outer dual stay centered? Cuz the hub centers both don't they? Or will I need differnt lug nuts that will center it?

THAT...is the only problem. It will only center where you tighten it down.

You loose the hub-centricity with the spacer on the outer. I've tried to design something around that for years and gave up. The only way is to machine the wheel bore larger and machine a lip on the spacer. But then you have dedicated outside duals. I like to rotate my tires. It never was a real problem. Just lift up on the rim slightly when you mount it.

You could also use cone nuts on the outside but you'd have to machine a taper in the wheel and there isn't enough thickness to do that properly.

The hub will center the inside rim. The tapered nuts will center the spacer to the hub/inner rim combo. Nothing will center the outside rim.

Last edited:
Any known problems with that? I'm gunna pull the truck at county fairs n haul some other trucks n what not

Any known problems with that? I'm gunna pull the truck at county fairs n haul some other trucks n what not

Prolly not any different than running loaded to #28,000 gross at about #3000 tongue weight to Tennessee and back. It never was an issue for me. $.02

I would never use them spacers in a million years. they must be hub centric to be able to put any weight on them. That being said look into bora spacers. They make a hub centric spacer. I have a set on both my duallys l haul 30,000 plus all day
Never had an issue. Here is a set I got at x mas. No studs I know I run alcolas witch are way thick so I had to put longer studs in them.
a6e9a9a7.jpg
gyry4yhu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I would never use them spacers in a million years. they must be hub centric to be able to put any weight on them. That being said look into bora spacers. They make a hub centric spacer. I have a set on both my duallys l haul 30,000 plus all day
Never had an issue. Here is a set I got at x mas. No studs I know I run alcolas witch are way thick so I had to put longer studs in them.
a6e9a9a7.jpg
gyry4yhu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So these are for a dually since the outer dual needs the lip to center it?

Wow I wouldnt think anything from Ballastic would be that cheap!

Those lipped spacers are very cool also!

Back