2nd gen in a 1st gen

dangerous06

diesel tech
Who's done this? What needs to be changed? How did you hook up the shut off solenoid? Any other tips tricks? THANKS!

yeah feeling lazy figure bringing it back up helps newbies and searchers! I tried various key words nothing came up!

Last edited:
Shouldn't be done. The first gen body and frame will reject the 2nd gen motor causing an end to life as we know it.

Does anyone that help get a cut of the profit from the money you're charging?

THANKS Got SMoke! Google is your friend! It's like a dog always happy to see you! Comp D is the cat want to give him a scratch but gives you one instead! bif:Cheer: Donuts for everyone! Come on out to my place! Knew I should have stuck with the 3rd gens BUT NO I had to say sure bring it over can't be that hard!:doh:

Last edited:
Engine and trans or just engine? P-pump swap on a VE? Need more details.

At this point just engine. Unless you have a way to run the 47re. Things I've read so far are throttle cable, 1st gen fan, Power to shut off solenoid, oil pan?? ANd fan hub mount.

The shut off solenoid needs three wires, ground, key on power, and a trigger wire from the starter solenoid. The ground and trigger wire are 10gauge or bigger and run right off the starter to pull the solenoid up, a small key on power wire holds it up. When that wire looses power (key off) the solenoid falls to shut off (spring tension).

At this point just engine. Unless you have a way to run the 47re. Things I've read so far are throttle cable, 1st gen fan, Power to shut off solenoid, oil pan?? ANd fan hub mount.

The easiest way to make that 47RE work would be to purchase an AntEater stand alone transmission controller from FirePunk.

What about the Cam position sensor on the 2nd gen not needed? what does the 1st gen use??

That requires removal and sending/taking out to have modified if you are not the DIY type which apparently the owner is not in this case.

AntEater = plug n play for most part.

Depends on the person and use of truck. I'm currently installing a constant pressure full manual 47RE in my 97. Its not a daily driver its more of a play toy that will still do occasional light towing so for me its extremely practical.

Back