2wd Slick Size

Turbo Performance

Comp Diesel Sponsor
What are you guys running? Feel free to explain if you would have sized up/down or how well it 60's. Thinking a 32x13-15 will get the job done for my thing but wondered what kind of luck others are seeing with their size of slick.

jarid has 33x16x15 on his i think, cuts consistant 1.5x 60's

a 1.65 with a 10psi launch and cal tracs. no preload on the bars. i think i can get more out of it when i get her back running and launch harder.

27x10 Hoosier Road Race Slicks on my Junker Drag Truck. Consistent 2.1 to 1.96 60' times (terrible!!)

I can buy these tires locally for $50 per set with 70% tread remaining so right now I'll live with the horrible 60' and work on adding more horsepower!

What kind of setup are you using them with?

Duramax/4L80/4-linked Quick Change/<2500lbs. I realize it's a bit lighter than most and I don't plan on making big power but wanted to see what was working for these guys. Should be a pretty good indicator that a smaller tire will work.

What led you guys to going to that size of a tire? MPH capability?

Team Green runs a 33x18.50-15 IIRC, and needs more gear. I wanted plenty of tire, plenty of gear, and I have bought 8 new/nearly new tires for less than $1500...new, they are $389/each.

Top alcohol guys run them, and get rid of them half worn...it's not a common size, but it should work fine.

With my 3.42 gear, and this rubber, I'm geared for 200mph if I can make power at 5K RPM. I think I can with the setup. Not saying I need to run 200mph, but Team Green needed an extra overdrive to get 8's (again, IIRC), and Robert told me to gear as big as I could back at ORP in 2009.

Chris

how are you guys running 15" wheels with the rearends? I thought 16" was the min. size?

27x10 Hoosier Road Race Slicks on my Junker Drag Truck. Consistent 2.1 to 1.96 60' times (terrible!!)

I can buy these tires locally for $50 per set with 70% tread remaining so right now I'll live with the horrible 60' and work on adding more horsepower!

You DD your's still right? Have you thought about going full manual and starting in 2nd? Is that do-able with auto's?

how are you guys running 15" wheels with the rearends? I thought 16" was the min. size?

You can grind on the drum a little to fit 15's, and/or run less backspacing

33x10.5W M/T - stretched them a little on a 16X12 beadlock rim. I could have went to a 16x14 but stayed with a 12" wide rim and single beadlock.

Most of these are after market brake systems. I run a chevy car 5 lug bollt pattern and dual calipers.

What are you guys running? Feel free to explain if you would have sized up/down or how well it 60's. Thinking a 32x13-15 will get the job done for my thing but wondered what kind of luck others are seeing with their size of slick.

Im running a 34.5/17/16 aswell the 60's are not great(1.68 to 1.70) but the truck is 5900 lbs with me in it and has lifted the tire on launch. I am also running a very tall gear at 3.31. I am actually looking to try a 33/15/16 soon to see if I can pick up some time on the front half as my truck doesn't really come on hard till the 8th. I will tell you this the set up is very important I could show you video of me spinning thru the 8th on the 17's before I got it loading off the line rite.

32x14.5 MT on 15x14 did the same as all the other sizes I have tried they just look better on the truck. best to use a tire calculator to balance gear and tire diameter.

Back