3.07 vs. 3.54

Heck yea. Making progress! Thanks for the updates... While the more exotic builds here on CompD are B.A. in their own way, it's cool seeing what an 'ol drag racer is able to do with a Satellite and some first gen parts.

Nice! Can you just throw some 2.91's or something in the 8 3/4? If yours has a big pinion and axles and a backbrace, I'm sure it could handle quite a bit of power.

Nice! Can you just throw some 2.91's or something in the 8 3/4? If yours has a big pinion and axles and a backbrace, I'm sure it could handle quite a bit of power.

I have 2.94
and 2.76...lol
don't plan on any of them lasting to long.

I'm looking for a 4.10 and down spool (35 spline), so I can go back to the dana 60 with 3.73 or 3.54 with 31" tire
have a 4.56 spool (35 spline) to trade or sell

Yesterday
I removed the power screw collar
turned it up.
advanced the timing 1/8" more> all ready skipped a tooth
also installed the 3800 gov spring.

going to the track Tuesday night
see what happens

:tree:

appears to much timing
60ft fell off as did et
but mph picked up>due to changing the governor spring

I need to get a tack on the rpm's to see where I'm stalling at
the converter is out of an airport tug > stall VERY low
I have a stock converter out of a 92 518 trans > would it be higher/help the launch ?

next is to decide on a bigger turbo, which I need help, cause I don't know which one to try...

time slip tonight > working on reaction times

SAM_3740_zpssdlgmybw.jpg

times from last week

SAM_3737_zpsdpfcjbtl.jpg

these 2 slips are interesting
Friday night on the left
Tuesday (tonight) on the right

SAM_3741_zps5xyhez2g.jpg

Once I get the valve springs changed, I'll take it to bowling green for some 1/4 mile runs
Just as it started to pull hard, up came the finish line (1/8 mile)....lol

Last edited:
I loved my 3.07’s in my w350 srw 5spd. It was turned up i would start in 2nd often. Drive in 4th direct most of the time. If i towed super heavy id run low range and stay under 55mph. In high range top gear 120 mph was not out of question...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back