33 or 35" tyrus sts ? Let me know

1965LONEWOLF

lonewolf
I HAVE AN O4.5 WITH A AUTOMATIC TRANNY, WITH 4:10 GEARS , I RUN A 35" TIRES ( TERRA GRAPLERS ) 50% WORN AND I ALWAYS END UP IN THE TOP 6 TRUCKS BUT WANT TO FINISH BETTER, THINKING ABOUT BUYING THE TIRE THAT THE TOP 4 GUYS ARE RUNNING , ( DURAMAX DEISELS ) AND THEY ALL RUN A 33" STS TYRUS TIRE. SHOULD I GO 33 OR 35 INCH AND WHATS THE PRO'S AND CON'S OF EACH ? NOT HURTING FOR POWER , I PULL IN 4 LOW IN DRIVE AND SHUT THE OVER DRIVE OFF :umno:

If you drive it don't buy them. Unless your willing to swap tires at the pulls

I don't think anyone wants to help you spend your money and give you wrong or an opinionated guess. The optimal thing would be to figure out final drive ratios with both setups 33" or 35" tires. Look at the calculator in the sticky above for your info to help. If you still DD your truck and dont wish to change gears to match the tire size you desire then you will have to find a happy medium with your existing gears.

Just trying to see what other people having figured out ? With a 48re tranny with 4:10 gears , would a 33" tire be better then a 35" tire , thats all , i will always listen to advise and or a story on what someone has gone through

The 35" STS will give you significantly more bite than what you have now, but I don't know if at only 460 hp that will hurt you. It might, and if it bogs you a bit and the trans starts shifting back and forth, you're done.

And you cannot street drive an STS and expect it to provide as much bite as when new.

the 35" sts will give you significantly more bite than what you have now, but i don't know if at only 460 hp that will hurt you. It might, and if it bogs you a bit and the trans starts shifting back and forth, you're done.

And you cannot street drive an sts and expect it to provide as much bite as when new.

well i am up to 530 hp now , i know you can't run them on the street , will change at the pull . I run 35" nitto trail grappler m/t about 40% worn and never loose power , i am thinking if i go to a 33" sts i have that much more grunt and maybe a little bit more rpm , like i said i run 4:10 gears , just can't seen to get traction ? I also installed a eletric locker in the front so i know i am getting all the traction i can there ?

In your case I would run the 33s and if you don't like them you can always sell them since that is the most popular size.

What kind of mph are you hitting? Last few weeks i been hitting 22-24mph and my truck has 3:73s. In drive im running out of power and i know if i had 4:10s i would be good to go. Have you ever looked at fierce attitudes? They hook like crazy. I tried a buddies 285s but still fell below the turbo. There nice and wide and grab a lot of material. I believe u would be fine with 33s or 35s but feel that 35s are harder on the drivetrain. I know a 3.0 guy that came to that same conclusion when he was ran 2.6 a few years back.

Back