35's on an 03 with no leveling kit

lnimmo77

Search never works
I know this is not ideal, but I have a problem. The local fair has dirt drag races. ~200 ft. Last year I won, but at 180 ft my rev limiter is cutting out at 4k. (SSR) I have 3.73's and do a 3rd gear boosted launch. My tires on the truck are 33's. Like I said, with those tires my truck is cutting out early, and I am "coasting" to victory. This year will not be so easy.

So my question is this: without a leveling kit can I get by with 35's for one night? Thanks

PS, I SEARCHED

Can fit a narrow 37s stock, guy by me has his truck like that.

A friend of mine has an 05 stock ride height and 35" bfg's, has been that way since the truck was new. At full lock it will rub a control arm.

good buddy has 37MT's on his truck, stock height, went to 35's and it looks small now, they will fit

Yup, 37s will fit, as long as you don't turn tight or jump it. Rubbing on the control arms, and rear of the front fender will occur otherwise.

--Eric

Wtf my 35x12.50x20 rub and chew on my fender even with a leveling kit

Wtf my 35x12.50x20 rub and chew on my fender even with a leveling kit

If you don't get extended control arms a leveling kit will move your axle backwards.

And I think Thuren, Kore, and Carli sell extended clearance control arms that push the axle slightly forward and are bent inward to prevent rub. I will be trying them when I go to put 37s on my stock height truck later this year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

How exactly does a "bent in" control arm prevent rub in a solid axle 4 link

looks like they are bent inward so the tire won't rub the control arm

Yes. The part of the control arm that an oversized tire would be touching at full tilt has an inward curve allowing for a few extra degrees of turning without rub.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Back