3rd gear grind

joey

My brother has a 95 2 wheel drive and its starting to get really hard to go into 3rd gear. Grinds the whole time u try and get it into gear what could it be? Also it has a low then 1, 2, 3, 4, i have never seen one with a granny gear, or do yall think someone switched the shifter handel knob before he bought it? thanks

Hey I've got a 94 4x4, with the L,1,2,3,4 also. Previous owner said it would grind every now and then going into 3rd, and he said he put a synchro in it and it fixed it. I've never had a problem with it.

in the earlier model 2nd gens, the 94's and 95's had nobs like that on them man, and as for the grinding I'd say you have a synchro goin out

Could have a switched handle knob. Should be 12345. Sounds like a synchro going out.

+3 on the synchro. Had the same problem, tore the tranny out and replaced them and no problems since then.

If you have to drive it just baby shift it into third and itll go right in. Or bypass it! Hahah

+4. I have the same problem with mine I need to pull it and go through it sometime soon. It usually shifts better if I take it to a higher rpm and let it drop 500-800 rpms.

Back