3rd gen axles under 1st gen

12valve95

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Anybody ever done this?

I have a chance to buy a RCLB 1st gen roller that had 3rd gen axles put under it and was set up for a 12valve NV4500 and 271. I will put the same drive train except a 241.

It is lifted 6" which will have to go but I assume I can swap in stock springs and go back to stock?

Question I have is any potential problems you guys see with the axle swap or things I should look for, going to go check it out this week in person.

Is it still leaf spring? Or did they swap to coil springs with control arms in the frt?
If the latter, just look over the fab work good.

Anybody ever done this?

I have a chance to buy a RCLB 1st gen roller that had 3rd gen axles put under it and was set up for a 12valve NV4500 and 271. I will put the same drive train except a 241.

It is lifted 6" which will have to go but I assume I can swap in stock springs and go back to stock?

Question I have is any potential problems you guys see with the axle swap or things I should look for, going to go check it out this week in person.

Sounds like someone was pro-abortion.
I'd run away from a POS like that.
Or part it out.

Then again, I like stock stuff that I can fix in a parking lot, not junk you need a specialized shop and a degree to fix.

Mark.

Sounds like someone was pro-abortion.
I'd run away from a POS like that.
Or part it out.

Then again, I like stock stuff that I can fix in a parking lot, not junk you need a specialized shop and a degree to fix.

Mark.

I agree Mark, I don't wanna have to custom fab any part that is needed just to get it on the road, I understand there will be some but I don't know to what extent yet.

I did a one for a customer last winter. Started as a 2wd. Went radius arms and coil springs up front. Moved coil buckets slightly on axle. Went hydro boost along with gaining disk all around. 12v,nv4500,241 tcase.

Back