3rd Gen Brake system/ more pressure to the rear?

Runninlean

Say When racing
So I have not been able to find anything on the 3rd gen ABS / proportioning valve setups. I am needing more braking force on the rear brakes for holding the truck on boost. It is a 04.5 2wd.

I have upgraded the pads to EBC yellow stuff and that helped hold up to about 15psi on the street tires and roughly up to 18 psi with the slicks on a well prepped track. Due to running slicks I am limited in caliper upgrade options. So I got to thinking about the factory pressure reducing between the front and rear. Keeping this a street legal truck I can not just delete the ABS system for inspections purposes.

The question is has anyone done anything to improve this on the factory rear brake system? Is the proportioning done at the ABS module?

I am currently kicking around the idea of T'ing off the MC output with a 1/4 turn ball valve on both T points then running a bypass line around the ABS module with an adjustable reducing valve in line and taping back into the original brake line. Essentially being able to bypass the ABS and adjust rear brake system pressure my self for at the track.

Input, Experience, criticism, or thoughts?

not sure about Texas but ABS is not required in pa, as far as inspection goes the truck will pass with the ABS light on...

However, you can bypass the block like your saying and ass more pressure to the rear brakes, i had to do this several times in the off-road trucks I've played with

Could you put another caliper 180° from the factory? That would hold more presumably, just a sled pullers thought

Im sure I could fabricate a bracket for a second set. Down side would be I still have to put a proportioning valve in it for street driving,added weight and brake drag.

Back