46rh tailshaft on 47re

24vbummins

I have a 93 46rh(a518) 2wd, and a 98 47re 4wd. I’d like to make the 47re 2wd and swap it into my c10 to have converter lockup. Anyone know if the tailshaft housing and output shaft of the 518 will work on the 47re? And if there’s anything else I’ll need to swap? Thanks.

You need a lockup valvebody rh style. You will need to use the overdrive piston retainer from the 518 for the governor tubes. The hole in the re case for the electronics is larger. If you want to make the re valvebody a manual body you can do that with Transgo kit.

You can use the 47re lockup solenoid. On your rh valve body. Pin 1 is 12v. Pin 6 is 4th. Pin 7 is lockup. Hope that info helps part number12420C.

I’m slightly confused. I was just hoping to use the complete 47re and swap the output shaft and tailshaft housing from the early trans. And wire in switches for od and lockup. Unless you’re saying that isn’t possible with the 46 parts? Thanks.

46 and 47 output shafts and housings are the same as far as I know. Regardless if it’s a RE or RH. 48re are different.

Not possible with re valvebody unless you convert valvebody to complete manual valvebody. That re valvebody won’t shift right without pcm.

I have a 93 46rh(a518) 2wd, and a 98 47re 4wd. I’d like to make the 47re 2wd and swap it into my c10 to have converter lockup. Anyone know if the tailshaft housing and output shaft of the 518 will work on the 47re? And if there’s anything else I’ll need to swap? Thanks.

It’ll work, pull the governor tubes out of the rh housing, and you’ll also have to have some sort of controller for the re valvebody, or put a full manual kit in it. If you have any more questions shoot me a message

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome thanks for all the help and explanation guys. It’s really appreciated. I need to find an adapter plate now.

Find any lockup rh valvebody that has a boost tube and that will work too. It can be from a 46rh. Any trans shop can find a core.

Back