47re/47rh tranny build? 400rwhp 12v whats it gonna take to make a tranny hold it?

jaybuller

USCG MK
Heres what i got, i have a 2000 excursion 2wd, right now its got a 5.4 gas. any ways im gonna be building a 12v for it to be my tow viehical. (under 10k lbs rv.) first off i want to use the dodge auto due to not having to buy engine adapters and what not. so if i were get ahold of a bone stock good condition auto out of a 94-2002 dodge 12v or 24v truck what would yall do to make it reliably hold the power. wether it be me doin a burn out or towing a 10k lbs rv up a mountain pass? just a torque convertor and a VB? or more? thanks yall. And BTW i dont plan on doing any more than 400. and prolly not that much as i want to stick with a stock HX35.

Jay

towing valve body and converter along with a billet input, and if i had the choice between a 47 rh or a 47 re i'd go with the rh especially in a swap like this less electronics to worry about

its virtually the same tranny only the rh has a hydrolic governed and the re has an electronic governor. and a few other small differences but they both still lock in third when they are stock.

I've got $900 in the tranny on the 95' Junker Drag Truck and it's holding 400 HP right now. It was totally burned up when I got it, so part of that expense was buying a full rebuild kit. It also has a no-name triple disk billet converter, billet apply lever, billet strut, billet anchor, and billet 2nd servo cover all within the $900 budget.

The only downside to building your own transmission is it takes a lot of time. Because you don't know what you need, you end up waiting for parts to ship or reading on the internet about how to remedy a problem, etc. On a project vehicle that you can afford to have down for a few weeks, I'd build it up yourself.

The only downside to building your own transmission is it takes a lot of time. Because you don't know what you need, you end up waiting for parts to ship or reading on the internet about how to remedy a problem, etc. On a project vehicle that you can afford to have down for a few weeks, I'd build it up yourself.

I'd have to agree with this statement LOL

Back