47re rebuild problem

jpschade

i just rebuilt a 47 in a friends 97. firepunk rebuild kit, 48 pump, pro torque single disk and a "new" bd valve body. First drive down the road shifted pretty good besides a mushy 1-2 shift and also no lock up. Brought it back to shop and made sure fluid level was good, shut truck off and when i started it back up had no forward, reverse, manual 1st or 2nd unless i reved it and could get it to move but still slipping like crazy, fluid looks good. Line pressure at accumulator port was no more than 15psi reved up in any gear. Going to look into it more tomorrow would just like to hear some opinions. Thanks

Was the cooler flushed ? Could the filter be stopped up? Is the valvebody torqued to trans correctly? Did you check the bolts in the pump that bolt in the stator shaft or pump together? I have seen new pumps not assemble correctly form a few reman companies.also I noticed you said a 48 re pump correct if so did you install the sealing ring on the stator shaft ? Are you running a 48re converter?

Flushed cooler, vb its torqued down, like a dumb a$$ I didn't check the bolts on pump. Also believe he got 47 converter

You can leave the sealing ring off the stator shaft to be able to run either converters 47 or 48 right ?

Back