47re to 48re valve body

smokeblack13

When in doubt Pin it
I have a 47re suncoast valve body and I want to put it in a 48re stock trans for a friends first trans upgrage. Question is do i need to swap over all electronics or will the 47re electronics plug in and work with 48re harness? Are the plugs different?

I know the 47re vb does but i have never seen the 06 plugs so i have no idea

i have a stock 48re valve body for sale that you can mess with :)

I'm showing 2000-03 being the same then 03.5-04 then 04.5-07

48RE valvebody supposedly flows more. Governor pressure sensor and temperature/ pressure transducer is the same from 02-07 I believe. I'm not sure if the solenoids are the same inpedance. But none of this really matters because you can steal everything off of the 48re valve body and swap it over. As for if it will be an upgrade or not.. I don't know. You would also need to make sure the throttle valve actuator will work with the 47re valvebody.

I run a 48vb in my 47, so I would assume it works the other way around as well?

I'm told the 48re flows more and ramps up pressure quicker and higher than the 47re valve body.

Im assuming your talking stock to stock but im guessing a suncoast vb should flow more than the stock 48 vb

We, (Toxic Diesel) Do our own vbs so I'm comparing aftermarket to aftermarket.

so a aftermarket suncoast 47re vb will not flow as much as a stock 48re vb? Will that harm the trans?

It will flow more than a stock 48re vb. Just saying that the 48re is a better choice to go with.

K i will keep that in mind but for now i have this laying around from the trans that i used in my truck with the manual vb. Should i take the 48re electronics and throw them on the 47 vb or should it unplug and plug in. The 47 vb is out of 96 if that makes a difference

48RE valvebody supposedly flows more. Governor pressure sensor and temperature/ pressure transducer is the same from 02-07 I believe. I'm not sure if the solenoids are the same inpedance. But none of this really matters because you can steal everything off of the 48re valve body and swap it over. As for if it will be an upgrade or not.. I don't know. You would also need to make sure the throttle valve actuator will work with the 47re valvebody.

96-99/2000 are the same, and 2000/2001-2007 are the same electronics. Not sure when the switch is exactly.

I think the gov solenoid is the same through all years.

swap over the electronics and the rooster tail...just did one a two weeks ago.

Lavon

....i have this laying around from the trans that i used in my truck with the manual vb.

Should i take the 48re electronics and throw them on the 47 vb or should it unplug and plug in. The 47 vb is out of 96 if that makes a difference

if its a manual vb just put 12v to the one prong and ground the other two as req (the l/u n the od)

who did the manual for you?

i am presently trying to figure out how to do a manual reverse pattern w/o having to combine two circuits

(and could use all the help i can get :)

I put a 48re (complete trans swap) from an 04 in my 01 the only thing that was different was the reverse light switch linkage on the valve body. That needs to be changed also.

Back