47re what is needed to go from VP truck to 12v?

CorneliusRox

Seasoned Rookie
Hey guys, I was wondering what needs to be changed in order to run a 47re off of a VP truck on my 97 12v? I am definitely going to be using the PCM, and it is a standard valve body (not manual).

I am assuming that the gov solenoid and transducer will need to be swapped? Is that it? Are the wiring and the plugs the same?

Thanks

What year VP truck.......01-02 have a different transducer and harness.... but 00 down to 96 will bolt right up

What year VP truck.......01-02 have a different transducer and harness.... but 00 down to 96 will bolt right up

I figured I would need to do some swapping, but I am curious as to what is involved. My trans is currently good and has the upgraded governor transducer and solenoid, but I am curious if swapping out that little aluminum cast bit on the VB is the only thing needed or if the entire valve body needs swapping, or if it needs even more than that?

The game plan with my current trans is for it to go into my YJ Wrangler to support a 4BT, but that is maybe next years project.

96-99 takes round governor pressure sensor and matching harness. 2000-up takes the black rectangle plug governor pressure sensor and matching harness.

just swap the harness, transducer, and the steel piece that holds the gov solenoid in.

This is what I was hoping to do. I have the upgraded BW solenoid and a new round style in mine. Is there anything electronic left over that is different other than the cast plate that holds them (thought it was aluminum but I could be wrong), and the transducers themselves?

So I could swap this plate:
57859DE7-9D57-4949-B4A5-1B3FC3A3277F-1712-00000139A68CDD5C_zpseb51b9ab.jpg

And then the solenoids are the same but the transducer on the 2000-02 would be the black plastic style like the one in the picture sitting next to my old style one.

Does anyone know for sure that the plugs going to the PCM are different or pinned differently, and does anyone know for sure what has to be changed on the transmission side? I can re-pin things, and can even pull the VB if I need to but would definitely rather not.

Last edited:
You can swap the alum piece and the steel plate as well if you'd like. You need to pull the vb down and swap the harness out to have the correct plug for the round style transducer. Then it's good to go

You can swap the alum piece and the steel plate as well if you'd like. You need to pull the vb down and swap the harness out to have the correct plug for the round style transducer. Then it's good to go

^This guy is the man. Thanks for the help!

I thought your truck was a 2000 or 2001? I guess your sig says 98. I wonder why I had it different in my head.

Why have I been worrying about this?! lol Thanks for the clarification Chris!
And Hobie is still the man for helping me out anyways!

Back