47RH shifting

five20too

Ok so I have my Garmon tranny installed finally. I took it out the other day and noticed it shifting a little off in my opinion. At WOT it shifts 1-2 at about 2650. 2-3 at 2700 and hangs until I let up. 3-4 seems perfect at 2500. At 2650 it holds for about a second and then shifts. I don't like the 1st 2 shifts because it feels like I'm out of my power range. I have the TV cable adjusted so it's max at WOT. Any other ideas or am I just being too picky? Thanks.

You just need to buy a $100 dollar 4K governor spring kit for the fuel pump so that the tranny's shift profile matches the engine's power profile.

Or you can loose the TV cable so it doesn't quite pull at the way at WOT. The problem with that is you will loose a little bit of tranny capacity at WOT since it won't be running full pressure if the TV cable stops at 90% or so.

In doing that will I lose any performance when it comes to towing heavy? I didn't really buy this tranny because it is a good racing tranny, my end goal is to tow with it.

In doing that will I lose any performance when it comes to towing heavy? I didn't really buy this tranny because it is a good racing tranny, my end goal is to tow with it.

The governor spring kit will greatly increase the performance of your truck. It allows you to fuel harder throughout the truck's powerband. Just keep a watchful eye on your EGT gauge while towing heavy. More fuel means EGT's can get hotter!

Back